Mr Klaus Grabinski from Germany, as President of the Court of Appeal, and Ms Florence Butin from France, as President of the Court of First Instance, will lead the Unified Patent Court.
This has been announced by the Court. ‘The Presidium will completed by two judges from the Court of Appeal: Ms Rian Kalden (NL) and Ms Ingeborg Simonsson (SE) and three judges from the Court of First Instance: Ms Camille Lignieres (FR), Mr Ronny Thomas (DE) and Mr Peter Tochtermann (DE). In addition, Ms Rian Kalden has been elected as Presiding judge of the second panel of the Court of Appeal.’ The Presidium will take up its duties in advance of the start of operations of the Court.
The court appointed a total of 85 judges, 34 legally qualified judges and 51 technically qualified judges. They will take up their duties as of the entry into force of the UPC Agreement.
The list of all the UPC judges is available on the UPC’s website.
Last week the UPC announced this website will be launched in a remodeled version on 7 November 2022. The link will remain the same.
‘The new website will contain pages which provide relevant information in relation to the Court’s activities, in particular:
- Court locations;
- Registry and Sub-Registries contact information;
- Legal documents of the Court;
- Committees Representatives;
- Any official communication of the Court;
- Current and upcoming vacancies at the Court;
- Information on the Court’s Judges (will be added in November).
Publication of new content will occur during three main phases:
- A first version of the page will go online on November 07, 2022;
- More content will be released during the Sunrise period;
- Another update will follow during the Entry into force period.’